Cielomar Jewelry is handcrafted with quality materials, impeccable craftsmanship and designed to be worn everyday! In order to keep your jewelry pieces looking good, I've created this Jewelry Care Guide on how to take care of your jewelry.
TREAT YOUR JEWELRY WITH LOVE
Remove your jewelry during certain activities.
- Before performing manual tasks to prevent physical damage or exposure to chemicals. Tasks include kitchen work, household cleaning and gardening.
- Before showering or bathing. Soap can cause a film to form on the jewelry, making it appear dull.
- Before entering the pool or spa. Chlorinated water can react with metals causing color changes and structural damage.
- Before applying cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes and lotion.
- Before playing any sports to avoid jewelry damage or injury.
KEEP YOUR JEWELRY CLEAN and shiny
Clean your jewelry regularly to keep it looking good.
- Use warm water with mild soap to gently rub off any excess makeup or body oils. Dry thoroughly before wearing or storing since silver and gold can tarnish from water and leave residual water stains on your jewelry.
- Always polish your jewelry with a 100% cotton cloth or a treated polishing cloth for best results.
- Do not polish or rub oxidized sterling silver jewelry, as it will remove the oxidation. Note that all patinas are a surface treatment and will eventually wear off.
STORE your JEWELRY
The natural characteristics of sterling silver, brass, and bronze cause the surface to develop a patina over time from exposure to natural oils from one's skin and moisture.
- Store each jewelry piece in an airtight environment like a plastic bag or container to maintain the luster of your jewelry and prevent tarnish from developing.
- You can also place silver anti-tarnish strips in your storage container to absorb the oxidants that discolor and tarnish jewelry.
- Traveling can be tough on jewelry, so it's wise to use a travel case to protect your favorite jewelry pieces from damage on the road.
INSPECT YOUR JEWELRY
It is important to perform a simple inspection every two to three months to ensure that the condition of your jewelry is good. This helps prevent any small problems from becoming larger issues.
If you have any further questions you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org